The Nebraska 4-H Clover Kids program is designed specifically for youth ages 5–7*. The program offers a variety of educational and recreational experiences in a non-competitive environment. These opportunities are ideal for developing confidence, creativity, and competence during this stage of youth development. Lancaster County 4-H offers many opportunities for Clover Kids!
*Nebraska 4-H age is determined by the age of the youth as of January 1 of the current year.
Ways Clover Kids Can Participate
- Join a new or existing 4-H club. Some clubs have all Clover Kids members ages 5–7. Some clubs have separate activities for Clover Kids and older youth.
- Be an independent member. Learn at your own pace with your family.
- Participate in 4-H activities such as Clover College and Super Fair.
Clover Kids Projects
4-H emphasizes learning by doing. Projects can be completed during club meetings or independently. Any age-appropriate activity is encouraged. Parents and volunteers can utilize special skills or talents to mentor projects.
- National 4-H and Nebraska 4-H have developed many research-based project books to help teach projects. These are available to view and purchase at the Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County office. They may also be ordered online through UNL Marketplace and Shop 4-H.
Project & Activity Ideas
Super Fair Activities
(See Fair Book for details)
4-H Clover Kids may exhibit non-competitively at the Lancaster County Super Fair in any combination of the following:
- Speech & Public Service Announcement Contest (a Super Fair contest held before the fair).
- Fashion Show (model/carry 1 item).
- Static Exhibits (enter up to 5 items).
- Show & Tell (visit with an adult about 1 static exhibit or small animal).
- Animal Showmanship (most livestock shows and the rabbit specialty show include a 4-H Clover Kids Showmanship class).
All Clover Kids receive participation ribbons!
NO FEES to join Lancaster County 4-H!**