The Lancaster County 4-H horse program is the largest in Nebraska. Youth ages 8–18 may participate by joining a horse club or as an independent member. Youth are required to provide their own horse — raising an animal develops life skills such as goal setting, discipline and a sense of responsibility. To compete in 4-H horse shows, such as the Lancaster County Super Fair, 4-H'ers must complete Nebraska 4-H Horsemanship Advancement Level requirements. In Lancaster County, horsemanship level tests must be done at group testings.
For more information about the Lancaster County 4-H horse program, contact Extension Assistant Kate Pulec at 402-441-7180 or email@example.com.
Upcoming 4-H Horse EventsUpdated for 2020!
- 2020 4-H Horse Dates to Remember (pdf)
- State Horse Judging School: March 7, UNL Campus, Animal Science Complex
- State 4-H Youth/Member Workshop Level 3 & 4: March 8, 9am-4pm; UNL East Campus, Animal Science Complex
- State Horse Stampede: March 28, UNL Campus, Animal Science Complex
- Lancaster County 4-H Group Horsemanship Level Testings: April 7, April 21, May 5, May 19, June 2 and June 23; 5:30 p.m. at the Lancaster Event Center
- Spring Fling Dressage Schooling Show (pdf): May 2 at the Lancaster Event Center
- 4-H Horse Judging Contest: May 29, 4:30 p.m. at the Lancaster Event Center, Pavilion 3 - Register day of contest
- Pre-District Horse Show(pdf): May 30 at the Lancaster Event Center
- District Show in Lincoln (pdf): June 18 at the Lancaster Event Center
- State 4-H Horse Exposition: July 12-16 at Fonner Park, Grand Island
Lancaster County 4-H News & Announcements
Lancaster County 4-H Horse Project Resources
Lancaster County 4-H Horse Incentive ProgramUpdated for 2020!
State 4-H Horse Resources
Extension Horse Websites
Lancaster County Super Fair 4-H Horse Information
This web page has non-fair 4-H horse project information. Resources, forms and patterns for the 4-H horse shows at Lancaster County Super Fair are on the 4-H at Lancaster County Super Fair web page.