The Lancaster County 4-H horse program is the largest in Nebraska. Youth ages 8–18 may participate by joining a horse club or as an independent member. Youth are required to provide their own horse — raising an animal develops life skills such as goal setting, discipline and a sense of responsibility. To compete in 4-H horse shows, such as the Lancaster County Super Fair, 4-H'ers must complete Nebraska 4-H Horsemanship Advancement Level requirements. In Lancaster County, horsemanship level tests must be done at group testings.
For more information about the Lancaster County 4-H horse program, contact Extension Assistant Kate Pulec at 402-441-7180 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming 2021 4-H Horse Events
- Lancaster County 4-H Horse 2021 Calendar (pdf) Updated for 2021!
- Lancaster County 4-H Group Horsemanship Level Testings: April 6, April 20, May 4, May 18, June 1 & June 22 at the Lancaster Event Center Fairgrounds. Sign up at least one week in advance of the test date to Kate Pulec.
- District Show in Lincoln: June 17 at the Lancaster Event Center Fairgrounds
- State 4-H Horse Show: July 10-14
Lancaster County 4-H News & Announcements
Lancaster County 4-H Horse Project Resources
- 4-H Horse Awards Night Results
- Lancaster County 4-H Horse Dress Code (pdf)
- Basics of Feeding Horses: Feeding Management (pdf)
- Lancaster County Equine 4H Facebook Page @LancasterCountyEquine4H
- 4-H Club & Member Resources
- Sponsor the Lancaster County 4-H Horse Program - for Businesses
- Sponsor the Lancaster County 4-H Horse Program - for Families
Lancaster County 4-H Horse Incentive Program
State 4-H Horse Resources
Extension Horse Websites
Lancaster County Super Fair 4-H Horse Information
This web page has non-fair 4-H horse project information. Resources, forms and patterns for the 4-H horse shows at Lancaster County Super Fair are on the 4-H at Lancaster County Super Fair web page.