The Lancaster County 4-H horse program is the largest in Nebraska. Youth ages 8–18 may participate by joining a horse club or as an independent member. Youth are required to provide their own horse — raising an animal develops life skills such as goal setting, discipline and a sense of responsibility. To compete in 4-H horse shows, such as the Lancaster County Super Fair, 4-H'ers must complete Nebraska 4-H Horsemanship Advancement Level requirements. In Lancaster County, horsemanship level tests must be done at group testings.
For more information about the Lancaster County 4-H horse program, contact Extension Assistant Kate Pulec at 402-441-7180 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming 2023 4-H Horse Events
- Lancaster County 4-H Horse 2023 Calendar (pdf) Updated for 2023!
- Lancaster County 4-H Horsemanship Advancement Level Testings: May 30 & June 27 at the Lancaster Event Center Fairgrounds. Sign up at least one week in advance of the test date to Kate Pulec at 402-441-7180 or email@example.com.
- Come Learn With Carla Clinic #2: June 3 at Lancaster Event Center Fairgrounds Pavilion 3. See show flyer (pdf).
- State 4-H Horse Expo: July 15-19 at Fonner Park, Grand Island
Lancaster County 4-H News & Announcements
Lancaster County 4-H Horse Project Resources
Lancaster County 4-H Horse Incentive Program
- 2023 Horse Incentive Instructions & Questions (pdf) 2023 Now Posted
- Horse Incentive Log Sheets (pdf) 2023 Now Posted
- 2023 Horse Incentive Program Reward Request Form (pdf) 2023 Now Posted
State 4-H Horse Resources
4-H project books are available to view and purchase at the Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County office. They may also be ordered online through UNL Marketplace.
Extension Horse Websites
Lancaster County Super Fair 4-H Horse Information
This web page has non-fair 4-H horse project information. Resources, forms and patterns for the 4-H horse shows at Lancaster County Super Fair are on the 4-H at Lancaster County Super Fair web page.