The Lancaster County 4-H horse program is the largest in Nebraska. Youth ages 8–18 may participate by joining a horse club or as an independent member. Youth are required to provide their own horse — raising an animal develops life skills such as goal setting, discipline and a sense of responsibility. To compete in 4-H horse shows, such as the Lancaster County Super Fair, 4-H'ers must complete Nebraska 4-H Horsemanship Advancement Level requirements. In Lancaster County, horsemanship level tests must be done at group testings.
Upcoming 2023 4-H Horse Events
- Lancaster County 4-H Horse 2023 Calendar (pdf) Updated for 2023!
- Nebraska 4-H Horse Stampede: March 25 at UNL Campus, Animal Science Building. Deadline for entries to county office is March 6.
- Spring Fling Dressage Schooling Show: April 29 at the Lancaster Event Center Fairgrounds. Show flyer will be posted here.
- Lancaster County 4-H Horsemanship Advancement Level Testings: April 4, April 25, May 9, May 30 & June 27 at the Lancaster Event Center Fairgrounds. Sign up at least one week in advance of the test date to Kate Pulec at 402-441-7180 or email@example.com.
- State 4-H Horse Show: July 15-19 at Fonner Park, Grand Island
Lancaster County 4-H News & Announcements
Lancaster County 4-H Horse Project Resources
Lancaster County 4-H Horse Incentive Program
- 2023 Horse Incentive Instructions & Questions (pdf) 2023 Now Posted
- Horse Incentive Log Sheets (pdf) 2023 Now Posted
- 2023 Horse Incentive Program Reward Request Form (pdf) 2023 Now Posted
State 4-H Horse Resources
Extension Horse Websites
Lancaster County Super Fair 4-H Horse Information
This web page has non-fair 4-H horse project information. Resources, forms and patterns for the 4-H horse shows at Lancaster County Super Fair are on the 4-H at Lancaster County Super Fair web page.