Bees & Wasp
Topics related to bees, wasp & apiculture.
Helping Nebraskans enhance their lives through research-based education.
Bees & Wasp Resources
The information on this Web site is valid for residents of southeastern Nebraska. It may or may not apply in your area. If you live outside southeastern Nebraska, visit your local Extension office
Live view of the Cherry Creek Pollinator Habitat. This livestream is limited to 20 visitors at one time. For more information about the Cherry Creek Habitat, visit The Buzz at Cherry Creek
Bees, Wasp, Hornets:
- Attracting Pollinators to Your Landscape - Incudes Native Bee Nest Box Plans
- Carpenter Bees
- Stinging Bees and Wasp (Yellowjacket Help)
- Yellowjackets Video Segment (YouTube)
- Grass-carrier Wasp Video Segment (YouTube)
- About the Grass-carrier Wasp: This wasp hasn't been recorded in Nebraska since 1920.
**Thank you, Jennifer L. for letting us know the links to the honey bee resources from UNL Entomology weren't working. We did some checking and the apiculture resources were removed from the department site recently. Department staff did make the trading cards available again for download. We were also excited to learn that they are filling a new position with an apiculture/pollinator focus. Look for more resources in the future!
More UNL Extension Educational Resources:
Find more information on bees and wasp in the NEBLINE Newsletter.
Search this Site to find articles.