Articles & Resources
- Acreage Owner Insights
- Agriculture & Acreage
- Annuals, Perennials, Bulbs, Ornamental Grasses & Vines
- Diseases & Pests
- Drought Resources
- Fruit Trees & Small Fruits
- General Horticulture
- Insects, Spiders, Mice & More
- Lawn Calendar
- Lawn Care
- Local Pollen Count
- Monthly Garden Guides
- Trees & Shrubs
- Vegetables, Garden Fruits & Herbs
- Weather: National Weather Service NOAA
Garden Center Updates
- DVD's & videotapes for the commercial horticulture industry & garden enthusiasts
- Español a inglés - English to Spanish: Communication Guides for the Green Industry
Your Suggestions are Welcome!
Is there a lawn and gardening topic you would like to learn more about? Sarah Browning is an Extension Educator with Nebraska Extension and can be contacted by phone at (402) 441-7180: by mail at 444 Cherrycreek Road, Lincoln, NE 68528: or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Emerald Ash Borer Seminars for property owners will be held Tuesday, April 4, 6:30-8:30 pm and Saturday, May 6, 9-11 am at the Lancaster Extension Education Center, 444 Cherrycreek Road, Lincoln, NE. Details.
- Local Calendar of Events
- Nebraska Extension Statewide Calendar
- Nebraska Statewide Arboretum Plant Sales
- Pioneers Park Nature Center Classes & Information
- Spring Creek Prairie Public Programs
2017 Composting Demonstrations
Attend a free composting demonstration sponsored by Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County and the City of Lincoln Recycling Office. You'll see three types of composting bins and how to use them. At each composting program, two lucky participants will win either a composting thermometer or a composting bin. Composting Demonstrations are presented at Pioneers Park’s backyard composting demonstration area across the street from the Nature Center (look for the Extension banner):
- May 20, 10 a.m.
- June 24, 10 a.m.
- September 9, 10 a.m.
- October 21, 10 a.m.
Master Gardener Program
Be a Master Gardener
The 2017 Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County Master Gardener program application deadline has passed. About the Lancaster County, Nebraska Master Gardener Program
What if I don't live in Lancaster County, Nebraska? Many extension offices across the country have similar programs. Contact your local Extension Office
The information on this Web site may or may not apply in your area. If you live outside of southeastern Nebraska, contact your local university extension office.