Crop producers — learn about several hot topics from university and industry experts at Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County’s “Successful Farmer Series.” Sessions will be held on Thursdays, Nov. 30, Dec. 7 and Jan. 4 at the Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County conference rooms, 444 Cherrycreek Road, Suite A, Lincoln. Each session will also be livestreamed and archived on YouTube.
Multiple sessions and topics allow producers to pick the topics most relevant to them and their operation. Cost is $10 per session or $20 for the entire series. Refreshments will be provided. The Successful Farmer Series is also a great opportunity to visit with other area producers in attendance. No cost to watch online.
CCA credits will be available at relevant sessions for certified crop advisors attending in person.
All sessions will be 9–11:30 a.m.
Thursday, Nov. 30 – Ag Policy and Marketing
- Farm Bill Update presented by Brad Lubben, University of Nebraska–Lincoln. Watch archived video on YouTube.
- Grain Marketing presented by Jeff Peterson, UNL/Heartland Farm Partners. Watch archived video on YouTube.
Thursday, Dec. 7 – Weather & Climate Projections, Cover Crops and Farmer Panel
- Weather & Climate Projections presented by Eric Hunt, Nebraska Extension Watch archived video on YouTube.
- Cover Crops & Resiliency presented by Katja Koehler-Cole, Nebraska Extension Watch archived video on YouTube.
- Farmer Panel Watch archived video on YouTube.
Thursday, Jan. 4 – Nitrogen Management Tools, Water Quality & Nitrate Management
- Nitrogen & Nitrate Issues presented by Tim Mundorf, Central Valley Ag Watch archived video on YouTube.
- Best Nitrogen Management Practices to Improve Nitrogen Use Efficiency and Water Quality presented by Javed Iqbal, UNL Watch archived video on YouTube.
- Optimizing Nitrogen Use Efficiency Using Image Based Fertigation Scheduling presented by Shane Forney, Sentinel Fertigation Watch archived video on YouTube.