Crop producers — learn about several hot topics from university and industry experts at Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County’s “Successful Farmer Series.” Sessions will be held on Thursdays, Nov. 30, Dec. 7 and Jan. 4 at the Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County conference rooms, 444 Cherrycreek Road, Suite A, Lincoln. Each session will also be livestreamed and archived on YouTube.
Multiple sessions and topics allow producers to pick the topics most relevant to them and their operation. Cost is $10 per session or $20 for the entire series. Refreshments will be provided. The Successful Farmer Series is also a great opportunity to visit with other area producers in attendance. No cost to watch online.
CCA credits will be available at relevant sessions for certified crop advisors attending in person.
All sessions will be 9–11:30 a.m.
Thursday, Nov. 30 – Ag Policy and Marketing
- Farm Bill Update presented by Brad Lubben, University of Nebraska–Lincoln. Watch archived vide on YouTube.
- Grain Marketing presented by Jeff Peterson, UNL/Heartland Farm Partners. Watch archived vide on YouTube.
Thursday, Dec. 7 – Weather & Climate Projections, Cover Crops and Farmer Panel
- Climate & Weather Projections presented by Eric Hunt, Nebraska Extension
- Cover Crops & Resiliency presented by Katja Koehler-Cole, Nebraska Extension
- Farmer Panel
Thursday, Jan. 4 – Nitrogen Management Tools, Water Quality & Nitrate Management
- Nitrogen & Nitrate Issues presented by Tim Mundorf, Central Valley Ag
- Nitrogen Management & Water Quality presented by Javed Iqbal, UNL
- Image-based Fertigation Management presented by Shane Forney, Sentinel Fertigation
Please register at least two days before each session.
You may also register by contacting Karen Wedding at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-441-7180. Pay at the event with check (payable to Lancaster County Extension), cash or credit/debit card (small additional fee).