Nebraska Drought Resources: From UNL Extension - Home & Garden, Crops, Livestock, Economics, Water Quality/Quantity
- Activities & Resources
- Lancaster County Super Fair & Nebraska State Fair Resources
- 4-H Special Garden Project - TBA
Articles & Resources
- Annuals, Perennials, Bulbs, Ornamental Grasses & Vines
- Diseases & Pests
- Fruit Trees & Small Fruits
- General Horticulture
- Insects, Spiders, Mice & More
- Lawn Calendar
- Lawn Care
- Local Pollen Count
- Trees & Shrubs
- Vegetables, Garden Fruits & Herbs
- Weather: National Weather Service NOAA
Garden Center Update
DVD's and videotapes for the commercial horticulture industry and garden enthusiasts. Great for training!
Composting Workshops are held at various Lincoln locations:
- Wednesday, Oct. 9, 6:30 p.m. — Charles H Gere Library, 2400 S. 56th St.
- Wednesday, Oct. 16, 6:30 p.m. — Anderson Library, 3635 Touzalin Ave.
Learn how to be successful with composting by attending a composting demonstration taught by UNL Extension in Lancaster County Master Gardeners and sponsored by the City of Lincoln Recycling Office. Composting Demonstrations are presented at the Pioneers Park Nature Center’s backyard composting demonstration area. Dates:
- Saturday, May 11, 10 a.m.
- Saturday, June 8, 10 a.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 28, 10 a.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 12, 10 a.m.
- Local Calendar of Events
- UNL Extension Statewide Calendar of Events
- Pioneers Park Nature Center Classes & Information
UNL Extension Horticulture & Environmental Education Speaker's List
...Composting | Tree & Flower Selection | Turfgrass Management | Growing Wildflowers...
All speaker requests are subject to availability. Please note that due to the volume of requests received, groups are limited to one horticulture program request per year. A minimum of 30 days notice are required for all speaker visits. Staff will contact you with a confirmation call or e-mail. A $25.00 donation to the UNL Master Gardener program is requested for all presentations and there may be an additional fee involved for supplies with certain programs.
UNL Extension Master Gardener Project Requests
Master Gardeners are a remarkable group of volunteers, trained by University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension, who participate in horticulture projects throughout Lancaster County. Master Gardeners are enthusiastic, willing to learn and help others, and able to communicate with diverse groups of people. To submit a request that your project be considered for Master Gardener involvement, please review the garden project guidelines and complete the project request form below
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension in Lancaster County is your on-line yard and garden educational resource. The information on this Web site is valid for residents of southeastern Nebraska. It may or may not apply in your area. If you live outside southeastern Nebraska, visit your local university extension office.