- Plants for Pollinators
- Pretty Things that Pollinate
- Creating a Solitary Bee Hotel
- The Buzz at Cherry Creek
Flood Resources for Yard and Garden
- Flood resources for Gardens, Trees, & Landscape: https://flood.unl.edu/horticulture
- Weather-ready landscapes
- Flood Safety in Flooded Vegetable Gardens
- Managing Food Safety Hazards in Flooded Vegetable Gardens
Articles & Resources
- Acreage Owner Insights
- Agriculture & Acreage
- Annuals, Perennials, Bulbs, Ornamental Grasses & Vines
- Diseases & Pests
- Drought Resources
- Fruit Trees & Small Fruits
- General Horticulture
- Insects, Spiders, Mice & More
- Lawn Calendar
- Lawn Care
- Local Pollen Count
- Monthly Garden Guides
- Trees & Shrubs
- Vegetables, Garden Fruits & Herbs
- Weather: National Weather Service NOAA
Garden Center Updates
- DVD's & videotapes for the commercial horticulture industry & garden enthusiasts
- Español a inglés - English to Spanish: Communication Guides for the Green Industry
Your Suggestions are Welcome!
Is there a lawn and gardening topic you would like to learn more about? Sarah Browning is an Extension Educator with Nebraska Extension and can be contacted by phone at (402) 441-7180: by mail at 444 Cherrycreek Road, Lincoln, NE 68528: or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Search this site: Use the box at the top right of this web page to enter keywords to search this site.
- Local Calendar of Events
- Nebraska Extension Statewide Calendar
- Nebraska Statewide Arboretum Plant Sales
- Pioneers Park Nature Center Classes & Information
- Spring Creek Prairie Public Programs
Nebraska Extension Horticulture & Environmental Education Speaker's List
...Composting | Tree & Flower Selection | Turfgrass Management | Growing Wildflowers...
All speaker requests are subject to availability. Please note that due to the volume of requests received, groups are limited to one horticulture program request per year. A minimum of 30 days notice are required for all speaker visits. Staff will contact you with a confirmation call or e-mail. A $45.00 donation to the Nebraska Extension Master Gardener program is requested for all presentations and there may be an additional fee involved for supplies with certain programs.
Master Gardener Program
Be a Master Gardener
The deadline for 2020 Master Gardener applications has passed. We will post when 2021 applications are available.
What if I don't live in Lancaster County, Nebraska? Many extension offices across the country have similar programs. Contact your local Extension Office
The information on this Web site may or may not apply in your area. If you live outside of southeastern Nebraska, contact your local university extension office.