Flood Resources for Yard and Garden
- Flood resources for Gardens, Trees, & Landscape: https://flood.unl.edu/horticulture
- Weather-ready landscapes
- Flood Safety in Flooded Vegetable Gardens
- Managing Food Safety Hazards in Flooded Vegetable Gardens
Articles & Resources
- Acreage Owner Insights
- Agriculture & Acreage
- Annuals, Perennials, Bulbs, Ornamental Grasses & Vines
- Diseases & Pests
- Drought Resources
- Fruit Trees & Small Fruits
- General Horticulture
- Insects, Spiders, Mice & More
- Lawn Calendar
- Lawn Care
- Local Pollen Count
- Monthly Garden Guides
- Trees & Shrubs
- Vegetables, Garden Fruits & Herbs
- Weather: National Weather Service NOAA
Garden Center Updates
- DVD's & videotapes for the commercial horticulture industry & garden enthusiasts
- Español a inglés - English to Spanish: Communication Guides for the Green Industry
Your Suggestions are Welcome!
Is there a lawn and gardening topic you would like to learn more about? Sarah Browning is an Extension Educator with Nebraska Extension and can be contacted by phone at (402) 441-7180: by mail at 444 Cherrycreek Road, Lincoln, NE 68528: or by e-mail at email@example.com
Search this site: Use the box at the top right of this web page to enter keywords to search this site.
- Local Calendar of Events
- Nebraska Extension Statewide Calendar
- Nebraska Statewide Arboretum Plant Sales
- Pioneers Park Nature Center Classes & Information
- Spring Creek Prairie Public Programs
Cost for each workshop is $5 per person. Workshops held at the Lancaster Extension Education Center, 444 Cherrycreek Road, Lincoln.
- Made in the Shade — Trees for Nebraska Landscapes • Thursday, May 9, 6:30–8 p.m. Register by May 6, call 402-441-7180.
- Troubleshooting the Landscape • Wednesday, May 22, 6:30–8 p.m. Register by May 20, call 402-441-7180.
2019 Composting Demonstrations:
Free demonstrations will be held at Pioneers Park Nature Center’s backyard composting demonstration area across the street from the Nature Center (look for the Extension banner).
- Saturday, May 18, 10 a.m.
- Saturday, June 22, 10 a.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 21, 10 a.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 12, 10 a.m.
Details HERE. Free composting demonstrations are sponsored by Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County and the City of Lincoln Recycling Office.
Nebraska Extension Horticulture & Environmental Education Speaker's List
...Composting | Tree & Flower Selection | Turfgrass Management | Growing Wildflowers...
All speaker requests are subject to availability. Please note that due to the volume of requests received, groups are limited to one horticulture program request per year. A minimum of 30 days notice are required for all speaker visits. Staff will contact you with a confirmation call or e-mail. A $25.00 donation to the Nebraska Extension Master Gardener program is requested for all presentations and there may be an additional fee involved for supplies with certain programs.
Master Gardener Program
Be a Master Gardener
We are no longer taking applications for the 2019 Master Gardener Training. Please check back December 2019.
What if I don't live in Lancaster County, Nebraska? Many extension offices across the country have similar programs. Contact your local Extension Office
The information on this Web site may or may not apply in your area. If you live outside of southeastern Nebraska, contact your local university extension office.