Articles & Resources
- Acreage Owner Insights
- Agriculture & Acreage
- Annuals, Perennials, Bulbs, Ornamental Grasses & Vines
- Diseases & Pests
- Drought Resources
- Fruit Trees & Small Fruits
- General Horticulture
- Insects, Spiders, Mice & More
- Lawn Calendar
- Lawn Care
- Local Pollen Count
- Monthly Garden Guides
- Trees & Shrubs
- Vegetables, Garden Fruits & Herbs
- Weather: National Weather Service NOAA
Garden Center Updates
- DVD's & videotapes for the commercial horticulture industry & garden enthusiasts
- Español a inglés - English to Spanish: Communication Guides for the Green Industry
Your Suggestions are Welcome!
Is there a lawn and gardening topic you would like to learn more about? Sarah Browning is an Extension Educator with Nebraska Extension and can be contacted by phone at (402) 441-7180: by mail at 444 Cherrycreek Road, Lincoln, NE 68528: or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Us on Twitter:Tweets by @UNL_LancasterCo
Search this site: Use the box at the top right of this web page to enter keywords to search this site.
- Local Calendar of Events
- Nebraska Extension Statewide Calendar
- Nebraska Statewide Arboretum Plant Sales
- Pioneers Park Nature Center Classes & Information
- Spring Creek Prairie Public Programs
2018 Composting Demonstrations
Location: Sheridan Elementary School Garden in Lincoln. Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County Master Gardeners will give a free composting demonstration at the Sheridan Elementary School Garden, 3100 Plymouth Avenue (parking behind school on Sewell Street next to garden) on Saturday, October 27, 10-11 a.m. This demonstration is open to the public. Details
- Nebraska Turfgrass Conference: January 8-10, 2019, LaVista, Nebraska.
- Great Plains Growers Conference: January 10-12, 2019, St Joseph, Missouri.
- Nebraska Great Plains Conference: January 23-24, 2019, York, Nebraska.
Nebraska Extension Horticulture & Environmental Education Speaker's List
...Composting | Tree & Flower Selection | Turfgrass Management | Growing Wildflowers...
All speaker requests are subject to availability. Please note that due to the volume of requests received, groups are limited to one horticulture program request per year. A minimum of 30 days notice are required for all speaker visits. Staff will contact you with a confirmation call or e-mail. A $25.00 donation to the Nebraska Extension Master Gardener program is requested for all presentations and there may be an additional fee involved for supplies with certain programs.
Master Gardener Program
Be a Master Gardener
We are accepting Master Gardener applications for 2019! Apply here to be a Lancaster County, Nebraska Master Gardener!
What if I don't live in Lancaster County, Nebraska? Many extension offices across the country have similar programs. Contact your local Extension Office
The information on this Web site may or may not apply in your area. If you live outside of southeastern Nebraska, contact your local university extension office.