4-H — America’s largest youth development organization — is a community of youth learning in partnership with caring adults! Open to all youth ages 5–18, the Nebraska Extension 4-H youth development program emphasizes: STEM, agricultural literacy, leadership development, entrepreneurship, career & college success, and healthy living.
NO FEES to join Lancaster County 4-H!*
Video: Overview of Lancaster County 4-H
If you live outside of Lancaster County, Nebraska: Find your local 4-H
Youth: Join 4-H!
Ways youth ages 5–18* can participate:
- Join a new or existing 4-H club. Most clubs work on a variety of projects together. A few clubs focus on a specific project, such as rabbits. See Specialty Clubs Invite New Members (pdf). 2022 list — 2023 coming soon; many clubs will be the same)
- Be an independent member. Learn at your own pace with your family.
- Participate in 4-H activities such as workshops, camps, contests and Super Fair.
*Nebraska 4-H age is determined by the age of the youth as of January 1 of the current year.
Ways adults can help youth grow:
- Help start a new 4-H club (it’s easy)!
- Help with an existing club.
- Volunteer at events such as workshops, contests and the Super Fair.
Through 4-H, youth:
- Choose from over 150 projects to “learn by doing” (such as STEM, photography, foods, home environment, horticulture or animals).
- Develop practical and life skills to thrive and become resilient.
- Explore interests and career “sparks.”
- Participate in leadership and community service activities.
- Create positive change in their lives and communities.
- Earn recognition such as ribbons, awards and scholarships!
- Have fun while making new friends!