Register now for the Successful Farmer Series!
Take your operation to the next level by participating in the fifth annual Successful Farmer Series starting January 10th! Click for more details and registration.
Register for the Southeast Nebraska Soil Health Conference - March 3, 2020
The annual Southeast Nebraska Soil Health Conference will be held on Tuesday, March 3rd at the Hickman Community Center (115 Locust St, Hickman, NE) from 9:00 am until 3:30 pm. The focus of this year’s conference will be: “Feeding the Underground and Above Ground Livestock”. Speakers will include: Dwayne Beck, South Dakota State University; Paul Jasa, UNL Extension Engineer; Ray Ward, Ward Laboratories; Gary Lesoing, UNL Extension Educator; Mary Drewnoski, UNL Extension Ruminant Nutritionist; Farmer Panel. A flier with more details will be available soon!
The event is free and includes a noon meal. Register online by clicking the link below or by calling 402-441-7180.
Save the Date: Waverly Ag Land BMP Workshop - March 5, 2020
Nebraska Extension and the City of Waverly are hosting an ag land best management practices workshop for Waverly area ag land owners and producers. The workshop is focused on improving the soil, protecting groundwater, and improving a farm's bottom line. The event will be from 9:00 am - 3:30 pm at the Waverly Community Center and will include a free lunch.
More details will be available soon!
- Successful Farmer Series
- Climate and Weather
- Farm Management
- Rural Stress & Family Wellness, Safety & Preparedness
- 2019 Nebraska Farm Real Estate Report
- January Ag Climate Update
- How Climate Change Affects Nebraska and Agriculture
- Nebraska Extension Flood & Disaster Education Resources - https://disaster.unl.edu/
Frequently Accessed Information
- Farm Leases - Ag Lease 101 from North Central Farm Management Extension Committee
- Forage and Pasture Management
- Hay Markets
- 2019 Trends in Nebraska Farmland Values and Rental Rates
- Pesticide Applicator Information
Sign Up for Free Email Updates
- Nebraska Ag Climate Updates
- Nebline Newsletter
- 2019 Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County Highlights Report
Upcoming or available now:
Programs held at Lancaster Extension Education Center, 444 Cherrycreek Road, Lincoln, NE unless otherwise indicated. (Map and Directions)
Webinar - Nebraska's 2019 Flood Season: Causes, Impacts, and Future Risks. Presenter: Martha Shulski, Nebraska State Climatologist. For the slides and recording of the free December 3, 2019 webinar, go to https://weather-ready.unl.edu/.
Local Calendar of Events