The 2020 4-H Horse Awards Night, held Oct. 1, recognized top achievements at the Lancaster County Super Fair and other accomplishments throughout the past year. This year’s event was held as an open-house format without a formal program. Some of the awards usually announced at Horse Awards did not pertain this year due to COVID-19, such as Horse Herdsmanship at the Super Fair and the Horse Judging Contest. Congratulations to all Lancaster 4-H equestrians for their outstanding accomplishments!
HORSEMANSHIP ADVANCEMENT LEVELS
The Nebraska 4-H Horse Project advancement levels are designed to serve as guides for instruction and evaluation of each member’s progress. The correct handling of horses is emphasized from the beginning level to the most advanced level. Each level is a huge accomplishment.
- Level I Ground/In-Hand — Ruby Greene, Remington Tate
- Level I Walk/Trot — Brooklyn Blunt, Xayver Bourek, Hannah Munk, Declan Tschirren, Emery Williams
- Level I — Kaiah Colson, Makena Colson, Eva Elkins, Faith Elkins, Kiara Eppenbach, Sydnee Fijolek, Grace Hartweg, Ruby Molini, Addi Morgan, Mason Raisch, Max Roberts, Macie Sailors, Hailey Stark, Claire Tucker, Savannah Wubbels
- Level II — Lola Bunz, Kaiah Colson, Makena Colson, Eva Elkins, Grace Hartweg, Cora Hoeft, Josie Johnson, Paisley McMillan, Ruby Molini, Kenna Morgan, Morgan Roof, Macie Sailors, Hailey Stark, Claire Tucker, Ella Wieczorek, Lily Wooledge
- Level III — Anne Cashmere, Elizabeth Funk, Caraline Higgins, Callahn Robinson, Taylor Root, Harper Rosenstiel
4-H’ers logged the hours they spent working with or learning about horses. The more hours invested, the more valuable the reward! The Horse Incentive Awards are sponsored by the Lancaster County 4-H Horse Volunteers in Program Service (VIPS) Committee.
- Bronze (minimum of 100 hours or points) — Hannah Munk, Faith Oldemeyer, Max Roberts, Macie Sailors, Josie Soukup, Cadi Wilbeck, Savannah Wubbels
- Silver (minimum of 225 hours or points) — Madison Blair, Brooklyn Blunt, Lilee Chevalier, Kaiah Colson, Makena Colson, Eva Elkins, Faith Elkins, Sydnee Fijolek, Shea Frink, Elizabeth Funk, Ruby Greene, Caraline Higgins, Kali Maytum, Erin Oldemeyer, Julia Soukup, Claire Tucker, Ella Wiezorek, Lily Wooledge
- Gold (minimum of 390 hours or points, and completed horse record book) — Scarlett Battles, Anne Cashmere, Kiara Eppenbach, Skylar Frisbie, Addison Gropp, Grace Hartweg, Ruby Molini, Natalie Plautz, Morgan Richert, Calli Robinson, Morgan Roof, Ava Wharton
SPECIAL RECOGNITION AWARDS
- Top Horsemanship Levels — Anne Cashmere, Elizabeth Funk, Caraline Higgins, Callahn Robinson, Taylor Root, Harper Rosenstie.
- Top Incentive Stories — Skylar Frisbie, Addison Gropp, Ruby Greene, Ava Wharton, Callahn Robinson, Grace Hartweg, Elizabeth Funk, Lilee Chevalier, Kiara Eppenbach, Scarlett Battles, Anne Cashmere
- Top Incentive Notebooks — Eva Elkins, Kiara Eppenbach, Skylar Frisbie, Morgan Roof
- All-Around Miniature Horse Award for high point 4-H miniature horse and youth pair in two age divisions at the Lancaster County Super Fair, sponsored by the Bluestem Miniature Horse Club — junior: Kiara Eppenbach (horse “Lit Bit O Country Levi”); senior: Shyann Severson (horse “Doc”)
- High Score Dressage Rider Awards for high score riders in the 4-H Dressage Show in both the traditional dressage classes and the western dressage classes at the Lancaster County Super Fair, sponsored by Nebraska Dressage Association — high score traditional dressage riders: Anne Cashmere (champion) and Sidney Froistad (reserve champion); high score western riders: Sidney Froistad (champion) and Madi Brandt (reserve champion)
- Top NRHA Reining Awards sponsored by Dr. Kelly Stich – elementary: Tanner McInteer; junior: Chase McInteer; senior: Clara Bradbury
- Top Trail Award for all-around champion of the Lancaster County Super Fair 4-H Trail obstacle class, sponsored by Dick and the late Cookie Confer — Clara Bradbury
- Franklyn Manning All-Around Barrels Award for fastest time in the Lancaster County Super Fair 4-H Barrel Racing competition, Sponsored by Capital City Horse and Pony Club — Clara Bradbury
- Wilhelmina Wittstruck Memorial All-Around Champion Award for Lancaster County Super Fair all-around 4-H champion individual, sponsored by Joan and the late Dwayne Wittstruck — Kiara Eppenbach