This site features research-based resources to help homeowners with subterranean termite control.
UNLExtension Educational Resources - Termites:
UNL Extension in Lancaster County Educational Resources - Termites:
- Choose Wood Materials Carefully To Prevent Termites and Rot
- Do-It-Yourself Termite Control is Not a Good Idea
- How Vulnerable is Your House to Termites?
- Making Decisions About Termite Barrier Treatments
- Termite Infestation: Damage and Control
- Termites Bite Into Pocketbook
- Why Understanding the Termiticide Label is Important
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension in Lancaster County is your on-line insect pest and wildlife educational resource. The information on this Web site is valid for residents of southeastern Nebraska. It may or may not apply in your area. If you live outside southeastern Nebraska, visit your local Extension office
Termite Control Manual for Homeowners
Subterranean Termites: A Handbook for Homeowners is a practical reference for persons who have had little or no training in termite identification, biology or control methods. Only $10 each. Order your copy now.
On-line version of Subterranean Termites: A Handbook for Homeowners:
Table of Contents:
- Preface & Acknowledgements
- UNL Termite Image Gallery
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - Termite Identification & Biology
- Chapter 3 - Detecting Termites & Their Damage
- Chapter 4 - Preventing Termite Infestations
- Chapter 5 - Termiticides: Termite Control Chemicals
- Chapter 6 - Conventional Termiticide Treatments
- Chapter 7 - Termite Baiting Technologies
- Chapter 8 - Understanding the Termiticide Label
- Chapter 9 - Are Termiticides Dangerous?
- Chapter 10 - Economics of Termite Control
- Appendix A - Termiticides for Subterranean Termite Control in Nebraska: 2007
To get your copy of the Subterranean Termites: A Handbook for Homeowners:
Print & Mail this Order Form. University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension in Lancaster County, 444 Cherrycreek Rd, Lincoln, NE 68528-1507. 402-441-7180
University of Nebraska-Lincoln:
- For Visitors
- Watch Real Nebraska
- College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources (CASNR)
- UNL Department of Entomology
- UNL Pesticide Education Department
- UNL School of Natural Resources
- The Huskers
More News Resources:
Connect. Learn. Share:
...friend us! join us! check out all our social media sites here.