Meet Our Staff
Kayla Colgrove, MS, RDN, ACSM-CPT, Extension Educator
Kayla has an extensive background in nutrition and exercise as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and Certified Personal Trainer through the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
Kayla is looking forward to serving Lancaster County, meeting new people, and inspiring others to live a healthier life through nutrition and exercise. Her focus includes:
- Delivering nutrition and physical activity programs for youth and adult audiences in Lancaster, Otoe and Cass Counties.
- Maintaining the statewide http://food.unl.edu website.
- Managing two National 4-H Council grants — 4-H Food Smart Families and 4-H Healthy Habits. These are both statewide grants with programs in Lancaster County.
Nebraska Extension helps children and youth improve eating and physical activity patterns with direct education and healthier home, school, and community environments. Supporting healthy behaviors and environments helps reduce food and health care costs by helping prevent chronic health conditions.
- PowerPoints, Fact sheets & much more
- Eat Health | Stay Active | Balance Life
- Practical food, nutrition and food safety advice
- FREE E-mail newsletter
- Keeping food safe from store to stove to storage
- Canning / freezing /drying directions
- Trouble-shooting tips
- Delicious, nutritious recipes
- "How-to" cooking tips
Teaching nutrition, food safety and food resource management to limited-resource families.