University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension teaches, discovers new knowledge through research, and extends new, unbiased information and resources to the citizens of Nebraska through extension.
UNL Extension Irrigation/Water Apps and Tools:
Frequently Accessed Information
- 2014 Land Prices and Cash Rent Survey
- 2013 Land Prices and Cash Rent Survey
- Revisiting ACRE for 2012 and 2013 Sign Up Deadline for 2013 Acre Program is June 3, 2013 Author is Brad Lubben UNL 5 pages
- Farm Leases - Lease Termination
- Resolving Division Fence Disputes in Nebraska April 2012
- About the NPDES Permit for Pesticide Applications Near Water
- EPA farm fuel storage containment rules deadline May 10,2013 required if 1320 or more gallons of any type oil or fuel is stored on the farm. But EPA cannot legally enforce SPCC requirements until September 30,2013 - See May 1, 2013 UNL Cornhusker Economics issue by David Aiken
- Farm fuel storage containment rules in laymens terms Central Lakes Coop (in Minnesota)
- When will your pesticide applicator certification expire?
- Check the status of Private or Commercial Pesticide Applicator Licenses - Search by name
- Calibrating Hand-Held Sprayers
- UNL -2014 Custom Rates - Part I EC-823
- UNL -2014 Custom Rates - Part II EC-826
- UNL - 2012 Custom Rates - Part I (Archived)
- UNL - 2012 Custom Rates - Part II (Archived)
- Jump to Wheat, Soybean & Corn Disease I.D. & Treatment
- Use Your Records to Assess the Performance of Your Irrigation Pumping Plants (Excel Workbook)
- Forages Page- Hay & Pasture Information
- USDA Hay Market Reports (For SE Nebraska, use the Kansas Hay Report, locate survey results for NC/NE KS)
- Acreage Information & Resources (The Acreage Insights Newsletter & Archive is a rich source of information for acreage owners)
- HPCC -Soil Temperatures Maps and Tables
- Farm Safety, Child Safety and Disaster Preparedness
- Midwest Plan Service Click on NCMEC Rental arangements to open sample rental lease arrangement leasing forms Choices are: Fixed or flexible CASH Lease - Or Crop Crop share Lease Or Pasture Lease
UNL Water Website
- UNL Water Issues Website (Domestic Water CWastewater, Drought, Irrigation, Ponds & Streams and More!)
Watch Nebraska Agriculture - Nebraska Department of Agriculture
- Small Farm Workshop scheduled for Saturday, November 8th at the Kimmel Education and Research Center in Nebraska City. For more information, contact Gary Lesoing, Extension Educator, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension Nemaha County (402) 274-4755.
Horse Disease - EHV-1: Important Notice! Horse owners should check with the Nebraska Department of Agriculture prior to travel to see if Nebraska has implemented commerce or import requirements.
- UNL Extension Drought Resources Website Many links to Drought-related publications and other websites.
- Agricultural Disaster Assistance CORNHUSKER ECONOMICS Newsletter 8/09/12
- The Use and Pricing of Drought-Stressed Corn
- Loss Adjustment Procedures for Aflatoxin RMA revised 2012
- Blending Grains and Feedstuffs - How to Figure the Proper Proportions Includes how to blend forage sources to create safe nitrate levels and how to blend corn sources to create desired Aflatoxin levels
- FAQs Crop Insurance & Drought-damaged Crops. CO, NE, KS- RMA
- Storm & Fire Damage to Cropland - Includes Harvesting Corn Stover for Cattle feed in the drought
- Severe Weather & Storm Recovery Resources
- Jump to UNL Grain Storage Management Page
- Jump To:Farm Management Page Leasing Farmland, Farm Real Estate Market & Rental Developments crop budgets & Other Farm Management Topics
- Jump To: UNL Extension in Lancaster County Irrigation Page , Publications, Proceedings articles, and Excel worksheet decision tools.
Nebraska FGIS Grain inspection labs
Private Applicator Training Opportunities
- Private Pesticide Applicators can take a written exam Administered by th Nebraska Department of Agriculture (NDA) at scheduled dates and locations across the state. Call the NDA - phone 402-471-2394 for the schedule.
- Private Pesticide Applicators can purchase a self study book at any UNL extension county office.
Commercial Pesticide Applicator Training
Learn how to get your commercial and/or non-commercial pesticide applicator training license. Visit UNL Pesticide Education for resources and training dates
Links & Resources:
- Ag Related Web Sites
- AgNIC Agricultural Network Information Center
- Federal Government Agencies Directory
- Guide to Nebraska State Agencies
- Nebraska Energy Office Home Page
- Nebraska Agricultural Statistics Service
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture - Other Ag Links
- Lancaster Co. Weed Control Authority
- MidWest Plan Service
- Nebraska Legislature
- Nebraska State Seed Laboratory
- UNL Extension Links to Agricultural Resources
- Commercial Web Search Engines
Find more of UNL Extension in Lancaster County on:
...friend us! join us! check out all our social media sites here.
Local Programs & Events
- Lancaster County 4-H News
- Pesticide Container Recycling
- Biosolids Project
- Crop Management Diagnostic Clinics
- Lancaster County Calendar
- UNL/IANR Calendar
Lancaster Extension Education Center
University of Nebraska-Lincoln in Lancaster County
444 Cherrycreek Road, Suite A
Lincoln, NE 68528
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln Lancaster County Agriculture & Acreage Web site was recognized as the National Winner in the National Association of County Agricultural Agents (NACAA) Communications Awards Competition at the 2000 NACAA Annual Meeting in Jackson, Mississippi.