Severe Weather and Storm Recovery Resources

Helping Nebraskans enhance their lives through research-based education.

Severe Weather, Storm Safety & Clean-up From Storms:


Assessing Crop Damage - Agricultural Resources:

Storm Damaged Landscape and Trees. Immediate care for storm damaged trees, How to select an arborist or tree service, Pruning storm damaged trees, and other Storm damage resources:

Families, Parenting & Youth

More Opportunities to Be Involved:

Winter Weather:

Local Agencies Providing Assistance

Nebraska Disaster Assistance Referral List (FEMA -1517-DR-Nebraska):

  • Aging Service - Ph. 1-800-942-7830 Nebraska Only. Agency Name: Adult Abuse
  • ARC (American Red Cross). - Ph. 1-866-438-4636 1-(866-GETINFO). Spanish Ph. 1-800-257-7575. Agency Name: American Red Cross
  • Consumer Services - Ph. 1-402-471-2682 or 1-800-727-6432. Agency Name: State Attorney General's Office
  • Contractors - For Phone Numbers Check Local Listings. Agency Name: State Board of Contractors
  • Crisis Counseling - Ph. 1-800-464-0258. Agency Name: Dept of Mental Health
  • Disaster Unemployment - Ph. 1-877-725-9918, 1-402-458-2500 (Lincoln Area). Agency Name: Worforce Development Claims Center Line
  • Environment - Ph. 1-402-471-2186. Agency Name: Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality
  • Fraud - Ph. 1-800-323-8603. Agency Name: FEMA Fraud - Office of Inspector General Hotline
  • Food Program - Ph. 1-800-942-1171. Agency Name: WIC and (CSFP) Commodity Supplemental Food Program
  • Human Services - Ph. 1-308-436-6579 in Western Nebraska, Ph. 1-402-370-3120 in Central Nebraska. Ph. 1-402-471-5334 in Eastern Nebraska. Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services System
  • Insurance Info - Ph. 1-800-638-6620 (National Flood Insurance). Ph. 1-402-471-2201 (State Insurance Department)
  • Legal Services - Ph. 1-402-475-7091 (Nebraska State Bar Association). Ph. 1-800-742-3005 (Volunteer Lawyers Project)
  • Long Term Recovery Committee Ph. 1-800-464-0258. Agency Name: The Nebraska Rural Response Hotline
  • Social Security - Ph. 1-800-772-1213 or for TTY 1-800-325-0778. Agency Name: Social Security Administration
  • Tax Assistance - Ph. 1-800-829-1040 (US Internal Revenue Service). Ph. 1-800-829-4059 TTY (IRS TTY). Ph. 1-402-471-5729 (US IRS - Publications)
  • Veterans Affairs - Ph. 1-800-827-1000 (Dept of Veterans Affairs). Ph. 1-800-829-4833 TTY. Ph. 1-402-471-2458 in Lincoln (State Dept of Veterans Affairs)

The Lincoln Area Agency on Aging's LIFE Office - call 402-441-7070. For residents age 60 & older. Can help withInsurance concerns, Applications for Federal disaster benefits, Temporary Housing & Relocation, Clean Up & Recovery Concerns, Health Care & Special Care Needs, Questions and Assistance