Baby's First Year
- Baby's First Year
- Parenting Resources
- Families: Nebraska's Future
- Search this Site
- Your Local Extension Office
Programs are available throughout Nebraska to help meet the needs of families and children
Games to Play
Here are some games baby may enjoy:
* Hiding and chasing--big brothers and sisters can do the hiding. You can say, "where is your big brother?" baby can try to help find the missing one.
* Play another game like, how big is baby? So big!--at first you might need to gently show your baby how to raise her arms up over her head while you say, "so big."
* You can hide things--let baby watch you as you hide a small toy under a cloth, in a cup or in your pocket. Does he try to find it?
* You can have fun with music too--baby will like listening to many kinds of music with you and trying to dance. Inexpensive music boxes can be fun, and she can learn to start and stop the music all by herself.
More Parenting & Family Resources:
Photo Credit - USDA Photo