Meet Jaci Foged, "Learning Child" Educator: Jaci Foged serves Lancaster, Otoe and Cass counties. Her focus is on early childhood development as part of the Nebraska Extension “The Learning Child” team. Jaci specializes in training early childhood educators and parents as they work with children ages newborn to 8 years. Learn more here
Transitions with young children in early childhood classrooms There is so much that happens in an early childhood classroom in one day — checking in, outdoor play, classroom activities, lunch and naptime — just to name a few. Between all of those activities are transitions.
Transitions are going to happen. Incorporate strategies that work for your age group to help the children be successful and save you from possible challenging behaviors. Learn more about transitions.
Just in Time Parenting: Are you expecting your first child? Do you have children or grandchildren? Maybe a teen who is babysitting? Just in Time Parenting newsletters are free - available on-line or sent to your email. Covers 1st trimester to age 5. From our eXtension university partners: View newsletters on-line or subscribe HERE
Texts 4 Teachers! University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension's Texts4Teachers delivers text messages for teachers of children from birth through age 8 that focus on the critical areas of: Child development | Family involvement | Social and emotional development | Health, safety and nutrition | Curriculum and activities CLICK HERE for more details
Teen Drinking - it's time for a heart-to-heart. Consistency | Expectations | Fairness | Authority | Boundries: Resources to help you have a heart-to-heart talk with your teen. Learn more at TalkAboutAlcohol.org
(If you live in Nebraska, and your child or another teen is in need of immediate assistance from an alcohol or drug treatment professional, please contact Nebraska Family Helpline at 1-888-866-8660.)
Area Events / Workshops / Conferences:
- Local Calendar of Events
- Nebraska Extension Statewide Calendar
- Early Childhood Professional Development
- Families & Divorce - Local & Statewide List of Classes, Transition Resources
Upcoming Learning Child Trainings 2018
Nutrition and Physical Activity Self-Assessment for Childcare workshop (NAP SACC) — Tuesdays, Sept. 25, Oct. 2 and Oct. 9, 615–815 p.m. at Lancaster Extension Education Center, 444 Cherrycreek Road, Lincoln. Must attend all three sessions. FREE. Register by Sep. 18. Register online HERE or call 402-441-7180.
CHIME (Cultivating Healthy Intentional Mindful Educators) Program for Childcare Providers provides education and guidance on how to incorporate mindfulness and reflective practice into your daily routine, teaching and caregiving. Register by Jan. 22. Details and Registration Form
- Introduction to CHIME (must attend this class in order to attend 7 weekly sessions) Wednesday, Jan. 30 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. Lancaster Extension Education Center, 444 Cherrycreek Road, Lincoln. Cost is $10. 2 in-service hours.
- 7 Weekly CHIME Sessions (optional, but if attending, must attend all 7 sessions) Wednesdays, Feb. 6, 13, 20, 27 & March 6, 13, 20 | 6:30–8 p.m. at Lancaster Extension Education Center, 444 Cherrycreek Road, Lincoln. Cost $70, 14 in-service hours.
More Resources for You and Your Family
- Lancaster County 4-H
- Youth Gardening Activities
- Head Lice Resources You Can Trust
- Find Your Local Extension Office
- The NEBLINE Newsletter