Nebraska Extension’s CHIME program: Enhancing childcare professionals' well-being with mindfulness by Jaci Foged, Extension Educator.
Have you ever walked across your classroom and forgotten what you wanted? Have you ever driven to work and not remembered the trip? Has your child or a child in your classroom ever said something you later struggled to recall? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may benefit from more presence and focused attention in your life. Learn more about why early childhood teachers should practice mindfulness here.
Just in Time Parenting: Are you expecting your first child? Do you have children or grandchildren? Maybe a teen who is babysitting? Just in Time Parenting newsletters are free - available on-line or sent to your email. Covers 1st trimester to age 5. From our eXtension university partners: View newsletters on-line or subscribe HERE
Texts 4 Teachers! University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension's Texts4Teachers delivers text messages for teachers of children from birth through age 8 that focus on the critical areas of: Child development | Family involvement | Social and emotional development | Health, safety and nutrition | Curriculum and activities CLICK HERE for more details
Teen Drinking - it's time for a heart-to-heart. Consistency | Expectations | Fairness | Authority | Boundries: Resources to help you have a heart-to-heart talk with your teen. Learn more at TalkAboutAlcohol.org
(If you live in Nebraska, and your child or another teen is in need of immediate assistance from an alcohol or drug treatment professional, please contact Nebraska Family Helpline at 1-888-866-8660.)
Area Events / Workshops / Conferences:
- Local Calendar of Events
- Nebraska Extension Statewide Calendar
- Early Childhood Professional Development
- Families & Divorce - Local & Statewide List of Classes, Transition Resources
Upcoming Learning Child Trainings 2019
CHIME (Cultivating Healthy Intentional Mindful Educators) Program for Childcare Providers provides education and guidance on how to incorporate mindfulness and reflective practice into your daily routine, teaching and caregiving. Register by Jan. 22. Details and Registration Form
- Introduction to CHIME (must attend this class in order to attend 7 weekly sessions) Wednesday, Jan. 30 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. Lancaster Extension Education Center, 444 Cherrycreek Road, Lincoln. Cost is $10. 2 in-service hours.
- 7 Weekly CHIME Sessions (optional, but if attending, must attend all 7 sessions) Wednesdays, Feb. 6, 13, 20, 27 & March 6, 13, 20 | 6:30–8 p.m. at Lancaster Extension Education Center, 444 Cherrycreek Road, Lincoln. Cost $70, 14 in-service hours.
Look Who’s Hatching: Exploring Oviparous (Egg Laying) Animals with Young Children Workshop for Preschool Teachers) — Tuesday, Feb. 26, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Lancaster Extension Education Center, 444 Cherrycreek Road, Lincoln. Cost $10. 2 in-service hours. Register by Feb. 19. Register by mailing Registration Form or calling 402-441-7180.
More Resources for You and Your Family
- Lancaster County 4-H
- Youth Gardening Activities
- Head Lice Resources You Can Trust
- Find Your Local Extension Office
- The NEBLINE Newsletter