This year’s 4-H Presentations Contest will be held virtually. Open to all 4-H’ers ages 8–18. Need not be enrolled in a specific project. See 4-H & FFA Fair Book page 16 for contest information. This page has information about the changes related to becoming virtual.
A how-to handout, "4-H Presentations Virtual Contest – Procedures and Guidelines" is available here in pdf format and at the Extension office. This handout has been updated to include virtual entry information. All participants are strongly encouraged to read the handout.
Register by Monday, July 6 by calling the office at 402-441-7180 and providing youth name(s), age(s) by Jan. 1 of current year, presentation title and class number. You may also email Kristin at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Specify if it is a team presentation.
There will not be a public viewing of the Presentations this year. Results will be announced on Monday, July 13. Ribbons, scoresheets and certificates will be available for pick-up after fair.
2020 Virtual Presentation Video Entries Due July 11, 8:30 a.m.
Video entries need to be submitted by Saturday, July 11, 8:30 a.m.
- Recommended resolution is 720 x 1280 pixels.
- The only file formats that will be accepted include: .mp4, .mov or .avi.
- The recording device may be held vertically or horizontally (portrait or landscape view).
- Video time limit remains the same as in-person presentations.
- Videos may be recorded with a smartphone, camera with movie capability, camcorder, etc. A tripod would be helpful. A microphone would improve audio. It may be helpful to record a test and listen to confirm audio is clear.
- If you use a computer-based visual (i.e. PowerPoint), the presentation slides must be visible in the video. You could turn your laptop/monitor to the camera, or project onto the wall behind you.
- Please choose a neutral background such as a plain wall.
- Youth may find it helpful to have a few people as an audience when they record their video.
- Filmfest entries need to submit two videos: one of the 4-H’ers short introduction and one of the actual film.
The Box links below are the preferred method of uploading presentation videos, but entries may be submitted as YouTube videos and nearly any other virtual sharing method. Email email@example.com if you submit videos by any method other than Box.
Allow for long upload times for video files