Programs are available throughout Nebraska to help meet the needs of families and children
a 3-part Series that can Change Your Life
There is no cost to attend! The "ABC's for Good Health" series is aimed at limited to moderate income women. Register 1 week prior to the first session.
- Pedometer and Inspiration to Stay Fit
- A notebook with practical nutrition information
- New recipes and food preparation ideas
- A cookbook (valued at $15) after Completing the Series
- April 15 & 22, 6 - 8:30 p.m.
- June 4 & 11, 6 - 8:30 p.m.
Sessions are held at the Lancaster Extension Education Center, 444 Cherrycreek Road, Lincoln, Nebraska - MAP/DIRECTIONSLearn how to:
- Increase Your Physical Activity with a Personalized Walking Program
- Use MyPyramid to Guide Your Food Choices
- Balance the Foods You Need and Enjoy
If you are a Nutrition Education Program (NEP) participant or a woman with a limited to moderate income, contact:
Nutrition Education Program, UNL Extension in Lancaster County
If you are a "Every Woman Matters" participant, contact:
Lifestyle Interventionist, Southeastern Region, Every Woman Matters
1080 County Road R, Malmo, NE 58040
Funded in part by USDA's Food Stamp Program and EFNEP. The Food Stamp Program provides nutrition assistance to people with low income. It can help you buy nutritious foods for a better diet. To find out more, contact 1-800-430-3244
Photo Credit - USDA Photo