- Different sizes and shapes of tree leaves (maple, oak, hackberry, mulberry, ginkgo)
- colored paper
1. Put a leaf upside down on the table.
2. Place a piece of paper over the leaf.
3. While holding the paper and leaf in place, use the side of a crayon to rub across the leaf.
4. Make sure that you color over the entire leaf. Rubbing firmly all over the leaf will show the veins and the outline of the leaf
5. A dark crayon will produce a clearer print of the leaf.
6. Do another leaf with different color crayon.
Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County is your on-line yard and garden educational resource. The information on this Web site is valid for residents of southeastern Nebraska. It may or may not apply in your area. If you live outside southeastern Nebraska, visit your local Extension office
Contact Information Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County
Web site: lancaster.unl.edu
444 Cherrycreek Road, Suite A, Lincoln, NE 68528 | 402-441-7180