Articles & Resources
Topics related to garden fruits, vegetables and herbs.
UNL Extension helps you Know how. Know now.
Vegetables, Garden Fruits & Herbs
(MG) = Lancaster County Master Gardener Resource
- 2012 - Year of the Herbs
- Asparagus Weed Control
- Bitter Tasting Crops
- Curbits & Cross-Pollination
- Gourds - Harvesting/Storing (MG)
- Growing Asparagus in the Home Garden
- Growing Garlic
- Growing Herbs
- Growing Herbs Indoors - Thyme, Oregano & Sage
- Growing Parsley (MG)
- Growing Peas
- Growing Plants from the Cabbage Family
- Harvesting & Storing Garden Produce
- Harvesting & Storing Herbs
- Harvesting & Storing Pumpkins
- Harvesting Melons
- Harvest Vegetables at Their Peak for Best Quality
- Heirloom Vegetables
- Leeks: "The Gourmet's Onion"
- Native & Historic Crops
- Planting Seed Potatoes
- Potatoes: Harvesting/Storing
- Potatoes: Selecting Potatoes for the Home Garden
- Protecting Crops from Frost
- Spice Up Your Garden
- Storing Vegetables (MG)
- The Sensational Squash!
- Tomatoes & Pumpkins
- Tomatoes: Dehydrating
- Tomatoes: Heirloom
- Tomatoes - Sudden Wilt & Death
- Master Gardener Diagnostic Center
- Extension Update: Pests
- Insects, Spiders, Mice & More
- UNL Extension Publications Index
Cooking - Food Safety & Nutrition
- Freezing Raw Tomatoes With or Without Skins
- Canning & Freezing Produce Resources
- Food Safety & Nutrition
- Fruit & Vegetable Educational Factsheets
University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension in Lancaster County is your on-line yard and garden educational resource. The information on this Web site is valid for residents of southeastern Nebraska. It may or may not apply in your area. If you live outside southeastern Nebraska, visit your local university extension office.
Find more of UNL Extension in Lancaster County on:
...friend us! join us! check out all our social media sites here.