this page was last updated Monday, September 14, 2009 10:27 PM
Helping Nebraskans enhance their lives through research-based education.
This Week's Feature: Growing Hostas
News & Announcements:
Tip of the Week: Pinch off onion flower buds from the top of the plants to direct all of the plant's energy into the developing bulb instead of seed production.
Gardening by the Month: Check out more September Garden Tips
Check out the UNL Lawn Calendar
Composting Resources: Learn how to be successful with composting by attending one of the composting workshops or demonstrations this spring or fall. Workshops:
- October 6, Gere Library, 2400 S. 56 Street, 6:30 p.m.
- October 7, Eiseley Library, 1530 Superior Street, 6:30 p.m.
- October 8, Anderson Library, 3635 Touzalin Avenue, 6:30 p.m.
Sponsored by University of Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County and City of Lincoln Recycling Office
New UNL Water Web site: UNL research and extension experts from many water-related disciplines have worked together to develop http://water.unl.edu.
More Resources & Upcoming Events
- National Weather Service NOAA
- Local Pollen Counts
- Local Calendar of Events for UNL Extension in Lancaster County
- Institute of Agriculture & Natural Resources Calendar - UNL
- Pioneers Park Nature Center Classes & Information
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension in Lancaster County is your on-line yard and garden educational resource. The information on this Web site is valid for residents of southeastern Nebraska. It may or may not apply in your area. If you live outside southeastern Nebraska, visit your local Extension office
Contact InformationUniversity of Nebraska-Lincoln in Lancaster County
Web site: lancaster.unl.edu
444 Cherrycreek Road, Suite A, Lincoln, NE 68528