FOOD | MyPyramid Resources | Cook It Quick | Food Reflections | Educational Materials
Food Safety for Home Cooking | Recipe Central | Canning & Freezing | Nutrition Education Program
UNL Extension in Lancaster County | Find Your Extension Office | Contact Us | SEARCH
Test Your Refrigerator Food Safety Savvy!
Alice Henneman, MS, RD
Extension Educator & Dietitian
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension in Lancaster County
Joyce Jensen, REHS
Environmental Health Specialist
Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department
Check if you're chilling foods correctly:
2. Is it OK to refrigerate foods while they're still warm?
3. Should you eat refrigerated leftovers within a day or two for safety and quality?
4. Should you keep your refrigerator at 40 degrees F or lower?
5. Can you always see, smell or taste bacteria that cause food-borne illness?
6. Has taking this quiz made you more aware of food safety?
Hit "submit" to see the correct answers: