Can You Guess It??
This photo was featured in the March 2010 NEBLINE Newsletter
ANSWER: 4-H Community Service Project!
The 4-H Explorers (photo above) was one of several Lancaster County 4-H clubs which did community service projects in 2009. The project in the photo was a clean up of Branched Oak Lake near Lincoln, Nebraska.
"I pledge my head to clearer thinking,
my heart to greater loyalty,
my hands to larger service,
and my health to better living
. . . for my club, my community, my country and my world."
Service is part of the 4-H Member's Pledge. 4-H encourages young people become active and engaged citizens. They have opportunities to connect to their communities and learn how to give back to others. In Lancaster County, 4-H Clubs and members actively give back to the community.
- 366 Community Service Ideas
- Recognizing outstanding service by Lancaster County 4-H members
- Lancaster County 4-H Scholarships and Awards
- Heart of 4-H Award - recognizing volunteer service
- Lancaster County 4-H (UNL Extension in Lancaster County Annual Report)
Find more of UNL Extension in Lancaster County on:
...friend us! join us! check out all our social media sites here.