Keeping Families First
Programs are available throughout Nebraska to help meet the needs of families and children
Keeping Families First:
This is not a complete list of resources available. Be sure to visit: UNL Publications - Family
America's current financial crisis. More Americans feel added stress and anxiety about their financial future as talk of rising consumer debt, falling housing prices, rising costs of living, and declining retail sales bring up worries about the nation's economic health. Contact your local extension office for more information. UNL Extension and eXtension can help answer questions about actions to help improve personal or family situations.
Managing Tough Times Web site from University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension.
Weathering Tough Times:
- Drought & Heat
- Include All Family Members in Discussions
- Know Where to Get Help
- Preserve Your Family & Loved Ones
- Reach Out to Others Needing Your Friendship
- Stay Connected
- Making the Most of Your Food Dollars
- Managing the Business Situation
- Safety - Risk
- Watch Your Water Intake
- Working Smart with Food
- Working with Your Rural/Ag Lender
- Severe Storm Recovery Resources
Children Facing Challenges:
- Celebrating Builds Family Unity
- Every Family Has Assets
- Laughter - A Good Stress Reducer
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors
- Positive Ways to Cope with Hardships
- Strong Families in Good & Troubled Times
War & Terrorism:
- Avoid the Blame Trap
- Dealing with Loss
- Dealing with Personal Anger
- Depression - A Common Reaction
- Depression - It's More Common Than You Think
- Do We Need to Make Things Worse with a Poor Attitude?
- Family Communication in Times of Stress
- Goals: Helping You Stay Focused
- How Can Family & Friends Support Me?
- How Can I Support My Family & Friends?
- How Can I Support My Partner?
- Looking at the Big Picture
- Times are Tough for Many Families
- What Can I Do to Help Myself?
- When Income Drops
- Effects of Methamphetamine
- Meth Production Toxic to Communities
- Rules for Talking to Kids About Drugs
- Users Not the Only Losers
More UNL Resources:
- Guardianship of a Minor
- What is Guardianship?
- More UNL Publications - Guardianship
- Guardianship Web site
- Both Partners are Responsible
- How to Say "Yes" - "No"
- Children & Severe Weather
- Child Abuse: A Painful Secret
- There's No Excuse for Abuse
- Parenting in a Difficult Situation: Difficult Marriages/Partner Situations
This is not a complete list of publications available - Just a Sample.. For many more, please visit: UNL Publications
More Parenting & Family Resources:
Photo Credit - Stock Photo