Meet Jaci Foged, "Learning Child" Educator: Jaci Foged serves Lancaster, Otoe and Cass counties. Her focus is on early childhood development as part of the Nebraska Extension “The Learning Child” team. Jaci specializes in training early childhood educators and parents as they work with children ages newborn to 8 years. Learn more here
Don’t Banish the Booster Until Children Are 57" Tall - August 2016 NEBLINE Article! Be a good role model for your child, buckle up every time you are in the car and talk with your child about why buckling up is important. Make sure your child is 57 inches tall before you banish the booster.
Just in Time Parenting: Are you expecting your first child? Do you have children or grandchildren? Maybe a teen who is babysitting? Just in Time Parenting newsletters are free - available on-line or sent to your email. Covers 1st trimester to age 5. From our eXtension university partners: View newsletters on-line or subscribe HERE
Texts 4 Teachers! University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension's Texts4Teachers delivers text messages for teachers of children from birth through age 8 that focus on the critical areas of: Child development | Family involvement | Social and emotional development | Health, safety and nutrition | Curriculum and activities CLICK HERE for more details
Teen Drinking - it's time for a heart-to-heart. Consistency | Expectations | Fairness | Authority | Boundries: Resources to help you have a heart-to-heart talk with your teen. Learn more at TalkAboutAlcohol.org
(If you live in Nebraska, and your child or another teen is in need of immediate assistance from an alcohol or drug treatment professional, please contact Nebraska Family Helpline at 1-888-866-8660.)
- Local Calendar of Events
- Nebraska Extension Statewide Calendar
- Early Childhood Professional Development
- Families & Divorce - Local & Statewide List of Classes, Transition Resources
Upcoming Learning Child Trainings
Nebraska Extension teaches several early childhood development classes for child care providers. Upcoming classes include:
- “Early Learning Guidelines - Science” Saturday, Aug. 13, 9 a.m.–3p.m. at the Lancaster County Education Center, 444 Cherrycreek Road. Cost is $20. Register at http://www.esu6.org/?DivisionID=20040
- “Nutrition and Physical Activity Self-Assessment for Childcare, ” Saturday, Aug. 27, 8:30 a.m.–3 p.m. at the Lancaster County Education Center, 444 Cherrycreek Road. No cost, lunch provided, space is limited!
For additional information or to sign up for a class, contact Jaci Foged at email@example.com or 402-441-7180.
More Resources for You and Your Family
- Lancaster County 4-H
- Youth Gardening Activities
- Head Lice Resources You Can Trust
- Find Your Local Extension Office
- The NEBLINE Newsletter