University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension teaches, discovers new knowledge through research, and extends new, unbiased information and resources to the citizens of Nebraska through extension.
Frequently Accessed Information
- 2012 Land prices and Cash Rent Survey Click on Cornhusker Econnomics link at the bottom of the story for more readable tables
- 2011 Land prices and Cash Rent Survey Click on Cornhusker Economics link at the bottom of the story for more readable tables
- Revisiting ACRE for 2012 and 2013 Sign Up Deadline for 2013 Acre Program is June 3,2013 Author is Brad Lubben UNL 5 pages
- EPA farm fuel storage containment rules deadline May 10,2013 required if 1320 or more gallons of any type oil or fuel is stored on the farm. But EPA cannot legally enforce SPCC requirements until September 30,2013 - See May 1, 2013 UNL Cornhusker Economics issue by David Aiken
- Farm fuel storage containment rules in laymens terms Central Lakes Coop (in Minnesota)
- When will your pesticide applicator certification expire?
- USDA Hay Market Reports (For SE Nebraska, use the Kansas Hay Report, locate survey results for NC/NE KS)
- Acreage Information & Resources (The Acreage Insights Newsletter & Archive is a rich source of information for acreage owners)
- HPCC -Soil Temperatures Maps and Tables
- Midwest Plan Service Click on NCMEC Rental arangements to open sample rental lease arrangement leasing forms Choices are: Fixed or flexible CASH Lease - Or Crop Crop share Lease Or Pasture Lease
UNL Water Website
- UNL Water Issues Website (Domestic Water CWastewater, Drought, Irrigation, Ponds & Streams and More!)
- UNL Extension Drought Resources Website Many links to Drought-related publicaions and other websites.
- Nebraska NRCS Defending Against Drought Fact Sheets and Links to Drought publications and websites
- Agricultural Disaster Assistance CORNHUSKER ECONOMICS Newsletter 8/09/12
- The Use and Pricing of Drought-Stressed Corn
- Loss Adjustment Procedures for Aflatoxin RMA revised 2012
- Blending Grains and Feedstuffs - How to Figure the Proper Proportions Includes how to blend forage sources to create safe nitrate levels and how to blend corn sources to create desired Aflatoxin levels
- FAQs Crop Insurance & Drought-damaged Crops. CO, NE, KS- RMA
- Storm & Fire Damage to Cropland - Includes Harvesting Corn Stover for Cattle feed in the drought
- Severe Weather & Storm Recovery Resources
- Jump to UNL Grain Storage Management Page
- Jump To:Farm Management Page Leasing Farmland, Farm Real Estate Market & Rental Developments crop budgets & Other Farm Management Topics
- Jump To: UNL Extension in Lancaster County Irrigation Page , Publications, Proceedings articles, and Excel worksheet decision tools.
Nebraska FGIS Grain inspection labs
The EPA now requires America’s farms & ranches to prepare oil-spill (SPCC) plans for their fuel storage tanks. Keep your farm/ranch business in regulatory compliance. Learn more by attending an informational meeting. There will be 8 seminars held from August 5-7, 2013 - Seward, Creighton and Columbus, Nebraska. Details
Field Day Opportunities
Soybean Cyst Nematodes Field Day - August 21, 6:30 p.m. Wayne Trout Farm near Waverly, NE. Complimentary Meal provided. Details
Private Applicator Training Opportunities
All Private Pesticide Applicator training sessons have been conducted across Nebraska for 2013
You have 2 options to become a cretified Private pesticide applicator in 2013.
Option 1. Private Pesticde Applicators can take a written exam Administered by th Nebraska Department of Agriculture (NDA) at scheduled dates and locations across the state.
Call the NDA - phone 402-471-2394 for the schedule.
Option 2 you can purchase a Self Study book at an UNL extension county office.
Commercial Pesticide applicator training Oportunities
Upcomning UNL Extension in Lancaster County Workshops
Links & Resources:
- Ag Related Web Sites
- AgNIC Agricultural Network Information Center
- Federal Government Agencies Directory
- Guide to Nebraska State Agencies
- Nebraska Energy Office Home Page
- Nebraska Agricultural Statistics Service
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture - Other Ag Links
- Lancaster Co. Weed Control Authority
- MidWest Plan Service
- Nebraska Legislature
- Nebraska State Seed Laboratory
- UNL Extension Links to Agricultural Resources
- Commercial Web Search Engines
Find more of UNL Extension in Lancaster County on:
...friend us! join us! check out all our social media sites here.
Local Programs & Events
- Lancaster County 4-H News
- Pesticide Container Recycling
- Biosolids Project
- Crop Management Diagnostic Clinics
- Lancaster County Calendar
- UNL/IANR Calendar
Lancaster Extension Education Center
We Want to Hear From You!
University of Nebraska-Lincoln in Lancaster County
444 Cherrycreek Road, Suite A
Lincoln, NE 68528
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln Lancaster County Agriculture & Acreage Web site was recognized as the National Winner in the National Association of County Agricultural Agents (NACAA) Communications Awards Competition at the 2000 NACAA Annual Meeting in Jackson, Mississippi.