UNL Extension helps you Know how. Know now.
To preserve formatting, some publications are presented in Adobe Acrobat's PDF electronic format. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader HERE
UNL Extension Publications
- UNL Dairy Publications Index
- Nebraska Dairy Report, 2003-2004
- Nebraska Dairy Report 2001-2002
- Nebraska Dairy Report, 1999-2000
- Nebraska Dairy Report 1997-1998
Breeding & Reproduction
- Estrus (Heat) Detection Guidelines
- How to Estimate a Dairy Herd's Reproductive Losses
- How to Maximize Income By Managing Days Dry
- How to Use the National Genetic Evaluations for Somatic Cell Scores
- Examples of Job Descriptions for Major Positions on Dairy Farms
- How to Interview a Prospective Employee & Complete the I-9 Form
- Hiring Non-Farm Dairy Personnel
- Managing Dairy Labor
- Should You Consider Expanding Your Dairy Herd?
- Developing Dairy Heifer Rearing Expenses
- Can You Afford to Use Bovine Somatrophin
- EC858 An Economic Overview of Ethanol Co-product Utilization in Nebraska
Feeding & Nutrition
- Dairy Cow Health and Metabolic Disease Relative to Nutritional Factors
- Feeding to Maximize Milk Protein and Fat Yields
- Sampling Feeds for Analyses
- How to Body Condition Score Dairy Animals
- Blending Grains & Feedstuffs How to Figure the Proper Proportions
- Nitrates in Livestock Feeding
- At What Weight Should Holstein Heifers Freshen?
- Dairy 10-Point Quality Control Program -- Mastitis Treatment Records
- Genetics and Management of Sound Feet and Legs in Dairy Animals
- How to Interpret and Use the ProStaph 1(TM) Test
- How to Interpret the DHIA 520 Somatic Cell Count Profile
- How to Reduce Heat Stress in Dairy Cattle
- Managing Dairy Cattle for Cow Comfort and Maximum Intake
- Milk Urea Nitrogen Testing
- What Management Practices Are High Producing Dairy Herds Using?
- UNL - Nebraska's Dairy Resource Homepage
- OSU - Breeds of Livestock
- Wisconsin LINK - Electronic Network for Wisconsin Dairy Producers
University of Nebraska-Lincoln implies no endorsement of any company listed nor non-endorsement of a company not listed.
Production Ag - Livestock
University of Nebraska-Lincoln in Lancaster County
444 Cherrycreek Road, Suite A
Lincoln, NE 68528
The links on this site were updated on March 12, 2014
Find more of UNL Extension in Lancaster County on:
... join us! check out all our social media sites here.