UNL Extension helps you Know how. Know now.
To preserve formatting, some publications are presented in Adobe Acrobat's PDF electronic format. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader HERE
UNL Extension Publications
- UNL Dairy Publications Index
- Nebraska Dairy Report, 2003-2004
- Nebraska Dairy Report 2001-2002
- Nebraska Dairy Report, 1999-2000
- Nebraska Dairy Report 1997-1998
Breeding & Reproduction
- Estrus (Heat) Detection Guidelines
- How are Milk Components Related?
- How Much Does Dairy Sire Semen Really Cost?
- How to Estimate a Dairy Herd's Reproductive Losses
- How to Maximize Income By Managing Days Dry
- How to Set Goals for Your Breeding Program
- How to Use the National Genetic Evaluations for Somatic Cell Scores
- Raising Dairy Replacements
- Examples of Job Descriptions for Major Positions on Dairy Farms
- How to Write a Dairy Job Description
- How to Interview a Prospective Employee & Complete the I-9 Form
- Hiring Non-Farm Dairy Personnel
- Managing Dairy Labor
- Should You Consider Expanding Your Dairy Herd?
- Developing Dairy Heifer Rearing Expenses
- Can You Afford to Use Bovine Somatrophin
- EC858 An Economic Overview of Ethanol Co-product Utilization in Nebraska
Feeding & Nutrition
- Aflatoxin M1 in Milk
- Feeding Corn Gluten for Dairy Cows: Wet Corn Gluten Versus Wet Distillers Grains
- Does Feeding Distillers Grains to Dairy Cows Affect Milk Components?, G1679
- Dairy Cow Health and Metabolic Disease Relative to Nutritional Factors
- Feeding to Maximize Milk Protein and Fat Yields
- Sampling Feeds for Analyses
- Nutritional Management of the High-Producing Dairy Cow in the 21st Century
- How to Body Condition Score Dairy Animals
- Supplemental Fat For High-Producing Dairy Cows
- Understanding Effective Fiber in Rations for Dairy Cattle
- Understanding Milling Feed Byproducts For Dairy Cattle
- Blending Grains & Feedstuffs How to Figure the Proper Proportions
- Nitrates in Livestock Feeding
- At What Weight Should Holstein Heifers Freshen?
- Dairy 10-Point Quality Control Program -- Mastitis Treatment Records
- Dairy Health Management for Optimum Production and Reproductive Performance
- Genetics and Management of Sound Feet and Legs in Dairy Animals
- How to Interpret and Use the ProStaph 1(TM) Test
- How to Interpret the DHIA 520 Somatic Cell Count Profile
- How to Reduce Heat Stress in Dairy Cattle
- Managing Dairy Cattle for Cow Comfort and Maximum Intake
- Milk Urea Nitrogen Testing
- Producing Milk with a Low Bacteria Count
- What Management Practices Are High Producing Dairy Herds Using?
- LB 108 Repeals Fence Viewer Process 3/7/07 Cornhusker Economics Newsletter
- UNL - Nebraska's Dairy Resource Homepage
- OSU - Breeds of Livestock
- Wisconsin LINK - Electronic Network for Wisconsin Dairy Producers
NOTE: University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension is in the process of switching all resources to Web-only publications. Many titles are currently under review or revision and will be reposted as soon as available.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln implies no endorsement of any company listed nor non-endorsement of a company not listed.
Production Ag - Livestock
Find more of UNL Extension in Lancaster County on:
...friend us! join us! check out all our social media sites here.