Citizenship Washington Focus Links & Resources
4-H leadership program for high school youth from across the country
- Return to CWF
- Lancaster Co. 4-H Home
- Find Your Local 4-H
- Nebraska 4-H
- Search this Site
- Email This Page to a Friend
Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF) Links & Resources
Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF) is a 4-H leadership program for high school youth from across the country. Every summer thousands of young people stay at the National 4-H Conference Center, near Washington, D.C., to participate in this week-long program. For 37 years, CWF has enriched young people's lives by providing opportunities for them to:
- Broaden appreciation and practice respect for themselves and others in their world.
- Increase individual commitment to citizen involvement.
- Understand the importance of civic and social responsibilities as they relate to the development of better citizens and leaders.
- Practice fitness and have fun!
We will accomplish the above through:
- A look behind the scenes in our nation's capital, and a chance to meet senators and representatives.
- Motivational speakers and workshops that increase individual commitment to citizen involvement.
- Workshops that build lifetime skills for success.
- Activities that encourage new and lasting friendships.
- An enthusiastic collegiate staff working daily with the youth.
- Fitness and fun!
Participants in Citizenship Washington Focus will have unique, exciting experiences that will lead to becoming "Better Citizens Today. Better Leaders Tomorrow". For more information, contact Deanna Karmazin.
- Summer 2005 CWF Trip Photos
- Trip of a Lifetime by Taryn Overton, Lancaster County 4-H'er
- 2005 CWF Trip Details: Use this resource as you plan for 2010.
Lancaster County CWF makes this trip every 2 years. One hundred percent of the costs can be raised through organized fundraisers. It is a two week trip. Travel to Washington, D.C., by bus, with stops at many historical sights along the way, including the National Cathedral, Liberty Bell, Niagra Falls, Valley Forge and so much more.
Planning a CWF trip from University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension. The website includes the following topical areas: Educational Program Ideas, Evaluation, Logistics, Risk Management , Trip Planning, Trip and Tour Tips, Volunteers, Other Links and Credits. Check out the over 50 resources including checklists, educational programs, and sample letters that are available in supporting not only Citizenship Washington Focus but out of school programming.
Suggested Sites for Delegation Day:
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- National Building Museum
Find more of UNL Extension in Lancaster County on:
...friend us! join us! check out all our social media sites here.